Here is are some extensions to SQL Server Management studio that look like they might be pretty useful. For some reason the “Run one script on multiple databases” feature catches my eye…
Get the software here: SSMS Tools Pack
From the website:
SSMS Tools PACK is an Add-In (Add-On) for Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express.
It contains a few upgrades to the IDE that I thought were missing from the Management Studio:
- Uppercase/Lowercase keywords.
- Run one script on multiple databases.
- Copy execution plan bitmaps to clipboard.
- Search Results in Grid Mode and Execution Plans.
- Generate Insert statements for a single table, the whole database or current resultsets in grids.
- Query Execution History (Soft Source Control).
- Text document Regions and Debug sections.
- Running custom scripts from Object explorer’s Context menu.
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) stored procedure generation.
- New query template.